Retail Ready People is an exciting FREE 14-week programme for 16 – 25 year olds, which gives young people the chance to set up and run a high street shop in Rochdale. RRP provides training and support as well as practical skills and experience to help young people find a job or develop a career they’ll love!
Working with a team of volunteers, you'll take part in a series of fun, interactive workshops to help you develop key retail skills. Then you'll put your skills into action, by transforming an empty shop into a creative retail space at the heart of your community.
You'll be responsible for managing all aspects of your shop, including customer experience, visual merchandising, stock control, branding, PR, marketing, finance, decorating shop-fitting and staffing.
At the end of the project, you will have:
• Worked with other volunteers to design, launch and run a local highstreet shop
• Gained great retail training and experience to help you get promoted or get a new job
• Developed a range of skills including customer experience, visual merchandising, stock control, branding, PR, marketing, finance and staffing.
• Shared your time and talents to make a positive difference in your community
Join the team and get retail ready today!
If you are aged 16 - 25, living, working or studying in Greater Manchester, able to travel to Rochdale and :
• Already working in a shop, but want to progress or get promoted
• Working or studying part-time in any other field, with the time and drive to volunteer at least 2 days a week OR
• Not in education, employment or training - but interested in learning more about retail careers
…then Retail Ready People is for you!
Here are the key dates:
28th February - deadline for applications for round 1 consideration 4th March - Volunteers in round 1 are notified of the outcome of their application 7th March - deadline for final applications w/c 11th March - get together with the team in your local area 20-22nd March - 3 day (overnight) kick-start residential, where the team decides what their pop-up will be 2nd April – 3rd May – workshops 2 days per week for 5 weeks (9am-5pm) 9th May – 9th June – Pop-up shop is open w/c 10th June – Pack shop up Week of 26th June – Exit workshop (1 day)
Visit www.vinspired.com/retailreadypeople to register today and follow us on Twitter @vinspired or @retailtrust.
If you know any young people that may be interested they need to register their interest on the website by 7th March, they simply click ‘Apply now’ which is top right on the webpage and fill in the online application form.